RE: [teacherartexchange] Moon Art?

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2011 - 08:54:13 PDT

I would do a shadow puppet show of two parts. 1st part would be traveling to the moon. Second part would be being on the moon. Shadow puppets are very simple and effective and could be video taped to show later on as well. All you need is a frame (I use canvas stretcher frames) tightly covered in shower curtain lining material (that you can get anywhere even the dollar store). You take a clip on lamp and clip it on the frame as the light source. The puppets themselves are made out of cardboard with paper fasteners to connect the moving parts. I roll paper tightly to make the sticks to control the shadow puppets, but you can use barbeque skewers with a bit of tape hinge at the tip to attach to the shadow puppet. I am sure there are all kinds of videos on youtube to see.

I taught shadow puppetry to elementary teachers and one kindergarten teacher sent me a video she did where all the kids in the class made animals and they moved them across the screen saying their names in French.

Look up silhouettes of rockets, moon, astronauts on google image and you will get the idea of what they should be aiming for.

just an idea

San D