RE: [teacherartexchange] I haven't gotten the digest since Oct. 10

---------

From: Strandberg, Debra (dstrandberg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2011 - 06:18:55 PDT

Hello all,

One of the reasons I love this list is that it gives you perspective. Listening to all tell about their days, I too just wanted to just sit down! :-) I came back into teaching after 20 years in training and communications work because I wanted to have a career that meant something to the lives of others.

Teaching is the most challenging job I've ever had, but also the most rewarding. I have the luck to be married to a teacher of 27 years (music), so it helps to have a spouse that knows what your day is like. He has students from 20 years ago that still send us Christmas cards, email and call. That is a joy.

I really would not give this up unless budget or health cause me too. Thanks for all the interesting emails about schedules and tasks...makes me realize how lucky I am to have an opportunity to work with kids.

I am currently knee deep in papier-mâché with 6th grade, pumpkin pyramids and scarecrows with 4th grade and poster design for an Arbor Day contest with 5th grade.

Have a great week.