[teacherartexchange] School schedule

---------

From: Peggy Solis (peggyasolis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 23 2011 - 10:59:16 PDT

I'm in a district in Texas and we have about 30 kids in the art room (k-5th) at one time! Including kinder!
I start at 8:40 with 5th grade, 3rd, then 4th. Lunch break amounts to 20 min. Then it's time to start the afternoon with 2, kinder and 1st. Most difficult part is to transition from clean up and set- up. No real breaks between classes because teachers are always late picking up. Also my school has 2 special Ed units and we are packed. 8 wheel chair students, too. District will not allow us to hire extra aids. Not enough aids for all students. You may see one person pushing 2 wheels chairs and towing along are 2 special Ed kiddos that can walk. Its made my job really difficult this year because I'm just putting out fires.

 It sucks what they are doing with these kids and how art and music teachers are being treated..

Sent from my iPhone