Re: [teacherartexchange] I haven't gotten the digest since Oct. 10

---------

From: Leslie O'Shaughnessy (lbhdto_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2011 - 14:06:42 PDT

Hi San,

Interesting thing is, teaching art is a career change for me, as well. I did accounting/staff management stuff for 12 years, followed by non-profit/meeting planning stuff for 4 years, then political action committee work for 7 years, and graphic design work for 9 years. I totally agree the office stuff was easier, and I didn't have to pull a lesson plan out of my butt if I wanted to be sick.

I concur with you in that I came to teaching to "change a life" which I know I am doing, and that part is rewarding, but there is certainly a lot if character-building stuff along the way :) And, this is the least amount of money I have ever earned. BUT, when I lay my head down at night, I do know I have made a difference in my world. AND, like I tell many others, so much of what I teach is more than art or computer graphics, it is human compassion and civilized behavior ;)

Leslie