Re: [teacherartexchange] I haven't gotten the digest since Oct. 10

---------

From: Barbara Marder (marder621_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2011 - 09:11:27 PDT

Hi All,

Okay here goes:
six classes daily K-8 so nine lesson plans
but
on Wednesday kids come in different configuration (too complicated to explain)-so I need 6 additional lesson plans just for Wednesday
Also one 8th grade art elective class on wednesday-am doing some metalsmithing-cold connections

Lunch duty daily

Wednesday after-school prof. dev. meetings 1 1/2 to 2 hours twice monthly

Multi-page lesson plans including objectives, essential questions, differentiations, habits of mind, aspirations, local and nat'l frameworks, visuals etc etc-to validate what we do for those who have no clue about visual arts education

Expected to connect art to literacy

All SPEDS mainstreamed including multi-handicapped and emotionally disturbed who are in inclusion programs for academics

Am exhausted and take an outside class weekly so I will continue my own art-making

Of course displays and art festivals need to be done-usually I do this after school since I force myself to take contractual lunch break every day-it gives me a chance to sit for a small while, interact with staff, and get some nutrition.

It's challenging to teach elem. and middle school. My space is well-equipped but SMALL so I have kids packed in for some sections.

Guess this is the wave of the future for those of us who survived cuts.

Barbara from Boston