Re: [teacherartexchange] I haven't gotten the digest since Oct. 10

---------

From: Leslie O'Shaughnessy (lbhdto_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2011 - 08:57:58 PDT

End of first month seemed like middle of school year.

I teach in a block schedule, 4 odd periods one day, 4 even the next, to include a planning period on odd, and an IPR period on even. IPR is used for weekly PLC meetings, lunch duty, test proctor training, other duties as as assigned, etc. Planning is used for IEP meetings and monthly mini conf presentations as directed by Admin. Planning time is also used to send weekly progress reports to parents, complete written IEP inquiries, prepare work for students serving ISS, reading weekly principal newsletter, in addition to creating plans and prototypes for teaching, calling parents of disruptive students, ordering supplies, maintaining 2 classrooms, keeping display classes filled, etc.

I have 4 preps + NAHS, which I sponsor. I also serve on Governor's School Nominating Comm, NHS Nominating Comm, CAS Advisor of 4+ students, Mentor an At-Risk student, and serve on newly formed Literacy Comm, and Technology Comm., and am a mentor to a teacher new to the school.

I also have pull-outs for speech and counseling, and SPED and ESOL students that require differentiation and additional instruction.

And, I am currently supervising one indoor wall painting and one outdoor painted mural, and have taken on design/production for school literary magazine (glutton for punishment!)

Leslie at HS in VA