Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] I haven't gotten the digest since Oct. 10

Date: Fri Oct 21 2011 - 06:55:20 PDT

My schedule has six 40 minutes periods grades K-8 meeting weekly. So I
teach elem. and middle school. That's nine lesson plans. On Wed. I need
six additional lesson plans since I have the same kids in different
groupings-too complicated to explain.

Also have lunch duty and mandatoery PD meetings every other Wednesday.
Also required to have amazing displays, written units of instruction
including many things:Essentail question, habit of mind, differentiation,
aspirations, and so forth so what I do lookds like a pretty package to
anyone who hasn't got a clue about art. It's kind of like PR for my
subject. And then of course there's room maintenance, art elective (one 8th
grade a week) kiln firing and maintaining and it goes on and on.

Another set of hands would help but this is my 2nd year without an
intern-boo hoo.

I do the best I can but at the end of the day do not have much energy left
to get into my own art-I actually started taking a class every week just to
nail me down to do it.

Hoe's every one else out there faring?

Barbara from Boston