Re: [teacherartexchange] Only one post since Oct 10

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2011 - 09:01:48 PDT

Hi Randy and All,

Yep, Maggie and I are right (I already wrote to Randy off list). I
hadn't deleted my trash yet in my Gmail account. The only post since
Oct 10 was a Spam post. There was a Spam post on Oct 8 as well. Not
sure whether Spammers are actually hacking accounts. I suspect they
are just figuring out the email extensions (or finding them in the
archives) and are spoofing the email addresses. This practice has been
going on for quite a while in the Yahoo groups (especially the ones
with archives open to the public).

I thought that Getty list was just "down" - a frequent occurrence in the past.

Regards,

Judy Decker

P.S. - A reminder to remove email addresses before you click "send".
You can see how I removed Randy's below (I just included randy wrote:)
Removing email address will help reduce Spam (from email bot
harvesters) - and will make it harder for Spammers to find email
addresses to Spoof. Thank you all who have taken my advice as I now
get very little Spam on this account.