RE: [teacherartexchange] Music in the artroom K-5

---------

From: Amy Broady (ABroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2011 - 06:57:34 PDT

Greg Percy is great to have on hand...fun tunes that teach kids about art
concepts and artists. Fairly lively in a variety of styles. I love the
"Picasso Polka," "Pop Andy" (about Andy Warhol), and "Where's the Tiger?"
(about Rouseau).
If you are not familiar with him, he has 5 DVDs called Songs in the Key of
Art (Volumes 1-5). You can also get the lyrics.
Here's a link to his website:
http://www.songsinthekeyofart.com/

For peaceful background music, I play the Native American flute music of
Rick Roberts, who is one of the co-creators of Zentangle.
(www.zentangle.com). Rick not only recorded the music, but he himself made
the flute on which he performs!

Instrumental Celtic tunes are another favorite.

I also love the ukulele music of Jake Shimabukuru. I only have one CD of
his; I don't know if he has other albums, but the one I play often is
"(peace sign) (heart) ukulele"

The Relaxation Company has lots of got soft, relaxing soundtracks. I bought
a bunch of them when Borders was closing...40% off music is hard for me to
resist. (Moment of silence here in fond memory of Borders. I feel the void.)

Speaking of good deals, I found some good classical soundtracks at Tuesday
Morning for good prices.

Sorry to ramble on...I love having music in the background of my art room!
Amy in TN