Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Music in the artroom K-5

From: Amy Broady (ABroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2011 - 06:57:34 PDT

Greg Percy is great to have on tunes that teach kids about art
concepts and artists. Fairly lively in a variety of styles. I love the
"Picasso Polka," "Pop Andy" (about Andy Warhol), and "Where's the Tiger?"
(about Rouseau).
If you are not familiar with him, he has 5 DVDs called Songs in the Key of
Art (Volumes 1-5). You can also get the lyrics.
Here's a link to his website:

For peaceful background music, I play the Native American flute music of
Rick Roberts, who is one of the co-creators of Zentangle.
( Rick not only recorded the music, but he himself made
the flute on which he performs!

Instrumental Celtic tunes are another favorite.

I also love the ukulele music of Jake Shimabukuru. I only have one CD of
his; I don't know if he has other albums, but the one I play often is
"(peace sign) (heart) ukulele"

The Relaxation Company has lots of got soft, relaxing soundtracks. I bought
a bunch of them when Borders was closing...40% off music is hard for me to
resist. (Moment of silence here in fond memory of Borders. I feel the void.)

Speaking of good deals, I found some good classical soundtracks at Tuesday
Morning for good prices.

Sorry to ramble on...I love having music in the background of my art room!
Amy in TN

To unsubscribe go to