[teacherartexchange] Subject: Supply Questions

---------

dlang_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Oct 28 2010 - 07:17:46 PDT

I don't use glue sticks (and markers) because they wind up being a
colossal waste of materials. After a relatively short span of usage,
you wind up with a big hunk of non-recyclable plastic (I hear Elmer's
does a glue stick recycling program, but I'd just assume not generate
the need to recycle in the first place).

I have had good luck this year putting glue in small fliptop squeeze
bottle containers. There is no tip to get gummed up if little kids
don't close them properly, and I can buy bulk glue and refill as
needed so there is less waste.

Dave