[teacherartexchange] In STEM era, humanities get new attention

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ellen.sears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2010 - 09:35:12 PDT

I added this to my files - thought some might be interested -
Ellen

How are the humanities faring amid the push for STEM study?
Much attention is being paid to promoting science, technology, engineering and math education in the nation's schools and universities, but a renewed focus on the humanities is also under way, according to education journalist Valerie Strauss. In this blog post, Strauss cites a number of new university programs where educators are hoping to create interest in subjects that were once "virtually synonymous with the core of higher education."
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/curriculum/in-stem-era-humanities-get-new.html