RE: [teacherartexchange] "In Between Projects"

---------

From: Judi Morgan (judi.morgan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2010 - 08:07:48 PDT

For my middle school students, I have sketchbook assignments for In
Between....When the first student finishes the studio project, I put a
sketchbook project up on the board. When the first sketchbook project
gets finished, I put up a second and so on. About a week before the end
of the quarter, I look to see how many sketchbook assignments are up.
Say there are 8. I announce that in one week they will need to turn in
their sketchbooks with their best 5. Students who have finished all 8
can pick their best or use the week to re-work any. Students who
haven't yet finished 5 can choose which ones to complete (they don't
have to go in order). It works really well.

Judi

Judi Morgan
Saint George's School
2929 W. Waikiki Road