Re: [teacherartexchange] standards based grading

---------

From: Heather Leal (hleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 - 16:40:16 PDT

Our intermediate schools are also moving to standards based grades,
but the arts teachers are not using them. Our district is giving a
standards grade- Advanced, Proficient, Basic, Below Basic- and also
giving a "work or performance grade". The arts are only giving the
work habits grade since the elementary arts programs are so decimated
it is absurd to consider grading middle school kids on grade level
standards when they have never been taught any of the elementary grade
standards.

It is a sorry state to be in- state as in state of being- the weather
in our state is still pretty good.
Heather