Re: [teacherartexchange] "In Between Projects"

---------

From: Kramer, Bunki [LC] (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 - 14:37:24 PDT

Like Sid, I also use extra credit in my classroom when a student is finished
early with nothing to do. My extra credits are pretty specific-oriented and
takes 3 days to complete at least so they are on-going throughout the
rotation or semester. I teach 6,7,8th.

I begin the first project the first day of class. When the students are near
completion, I introduce the first extra credit and show examples of why/why
not extra credit was given. Now they are ready whenever they have some extra
free time at the end of their project.

I count them as 5 pts. each and their regular project is worth 100 pts. so
there is a great difference in worth.

I wouldn't dream of not having extra credit available in my class room. My
students know that if I ever have a sub, they immediately go to extra credit
mode. How easy is that? Toodles.....Bunki