Re: [teacherartexchange] "In Between Projects"

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 - 12:25:59 PDT

I give extra credit in my classes because I can't stand to have people finished with nothing to do. I give a daily work grade and tell them I expect them to be working. This works great with pottery, but not so well with jewelry classes where materials are expensive--also not so well with drawing and painting classes. They can work in sketchbooks, but really, most don't and only will if forced by a grade. I don't give many points (up to 10) for extra work where their regular assignments are around 30-50. I want to make sure that they can't just ignore my assignments and pass with their own drawings. As someone said, the extra credit grades can make a big difference in their final grade.

>>> <kirc0153@d.umn.edu> 10/25/2010 10:17 PM >>>
Hello All!