[teacherartexchange] Guggenheim + youtube

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ellen.sears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2010 - 06:16:23 PDT

FYI -

one of my favorites I can't play for my students... but there are plenty I can!
Fun stuff! Another favorite -
http://bit.ly/dwOemp

It is easier to go to the following link and then click on 'short list' to see just videos.... all of the other clips I could find had the Guggenheim event on them... and I really didn't want to watch all of that.
http://www.guggenheim.org/new-york/interact/participate/youtube-play/shortlist

Ellen

YouTube Play. A Biennial of Creative Video aims to discover and showcase the most exceptional talent working in the ever-expanding realm of online video. Developed by YouTube and the Guggenheim Museum in collaboration with HP, YouTube Play hopes to attract innovative, original, and surprising videos from around the world, regardless of genre, technique, background, or budget. This global online initiative is not a search for what’s “now,” but a search for what’s next. Visit youtube.com/play to watch this year's top videos and learn more about the project.

Top 25 Videos Announced
On view at the Guggenheim Museums in New York, Bilbao, Berlin, and Venice from October 22 to 24, 2010, the top 25 videos comprise the ultimate YouTube playlist: a selection of the most unique, innovative, groundbreaking video work being created and distributed online during the past two years. The videos and artists were celebrated at an event at the Guggenheim Museum in New York on October 21, which was streamed live to a worldwide audience at youtube.com/play.