Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: RE:[teacherartexchange] Weighing grades in art class?

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 24 2010 - 08:47:49 PDT

Our system is similar to the Texas one listed....that we're not allowed to
evaluate things that are not actually listed in the curriculum (like
participation in art, or bringing supplies, etc.)

All highschool classes are a 70% term , 30% culminating unit/project/exam
Within that, each subject has a breakdown of Knowledge, Thinking/Inquiry,
Communication, and Application skills.
Art is 40% Application, 30% Knowledge, and the remaining 2 are 15% each.

So really.....the making of Art is 40% of the 70% term, and 40% of the 30%

makes for a lot of math!

To unsubscribe go to