RE:[teacherartexchange] Weighing grades in art class?

---------

From: Karen Mitchell (KLMitchell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2010 - 04:26:59 PDT

My campus has a required grade weight system. It is: six weeks test is 14%, summative assessments (major projects for us) are 50%, and formative assessments (daily work, homework, etc) are 36%.

We are not allowed to grade on work ethic, participation, or bringing supplies - we can only give grades for a product that meets one or more of our TEKS (Texas curriculum standards).

-Karen Mitchell
Art 1 & Electronic Media
Pasadena High School
Pasadena, TX