Re: [teacherartexchange] Traditional Testing in Art

---------

From: Betty (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 14:23:27 PDT

I do a matching quiz every two weeks, and a cumulative one at mid-term etc.

Every day we have a short lesson on a work of art (chronological order) and do a small thumbnail sketch in our sketchbooks. For the quiz i have all the images together on the smartboard and pass out a test sheet with list of the same ID info I had provided. They can use their sketchbook. I do this for several reasons- to get a tiny bit of art history every day no matter what, to reinforce the concept of historical periods, to reinforce and reward good note-taking habits, and to give me some clear-cut objective grades. Our mid-term had 29 images to match. Scores were generally very high, and one 7th grade boy asked to take it without notes & made 100%!!

Betty in ok