RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 16, 2010

---------

From: Daniel Murren (djmurren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 17 2010 - 12:25:24 PDT

I found a very cool website for kids by the National Gallery of Art.
SMARTBoard and The Art Zone

Are you an art teacher looking for a fun resource for your SMART Board
interactive whiteboard? Even if you're not, this amazing website is sure to
impress you. The site is from the National Gallery of Art and is called NGA
Kids The Art Zone. My 7 year old is home from school today and she is
memorized by this site. Currently she's playing around with the interactive
Jungle activity making her own jungle scene. I can tell I'll have to replace
my color print cartridge before the day is done.

This site has more resources than can be mentioned here and you'll love
exploring the site to find your favorite resource. My favorite activity on
this site is "Flow." It's way cool.

PLEASE pass this on to your fellow teachers. This is one of the absolute
best resources I've ever seen for the SMART Board.

I found this on the link to teacherslovesmartboards. NGA The Art Zone. I
tried the portrait, landscape and still life maker. It is so much fun! Here
is the link: http://www.nga.gov/kids/zone/zone.htm