[teacherartexchange] curriculum

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 17 2010 - 06:21:23 PDT

We are redoing our curriculum at our school with a new superintendent this way:
-knowing that we will always be working on some aspect of it, not looking for some kind of finish
-using a single word or phrase for each unit or aspect
-with the goal that it will actually be used by the teacher, open on the desk rather than on a shelf
-the finish will look like a table, scope and sequence, but how each instructor or department sets it up can vary. My dept set it up as grade by grade rows, or in the hs class by class and the four columns are how we adapted the 5 state standards.
-the question is always, what do you actually teach
-if the unit is on color, how did it differentiate from color the last time it was taught.

I always feel out of touch with other people's curricula--maybe this is common??

Beth