Re:[teacherartexchange] texture tools for clay

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2010 - 06:07:55 PDT

I always maintained a large bin of clay texture tools in my art room. I would
add to the bin as new things came forward, especially when tools or objects used
for other things became damaged and unusable for their intended purpose. In
addition to all the objects mentioned, I added Chinese chopsticks, which have
pyramid shaped ends, old linoleum carvers with curved or V-shaped cutting edges,
damaged ink pen nibs, fancy handled spoons and forks, tenderizing mallots, old
Bic pens (cool hexagon ends), pencils and old metal glue brushes for hair
texture. I also kept a separate container of pin vises for writing names on
clay.The kids regarded the bin as a treasure chest, and wasted no time trying
out as many as they could pack onto their clay projects.