Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 12, 2010

---------

From: Lois Girbino (lgirbino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2010 - 04:56:06 PDT

RE: Art Crits & Chips

HI Terri- I don't use this method, but here's how it works: each
student in each class has a chip (could be a bead), when they make a
crit response, they put their chip in a jar. When the jar is full, all
students have responded (sort of like the popsicle method in
elementary). If you are using beads, they can be GIVEN a bead for each
response, then string the beads to wear. I know of teachers who keep
seating charts and check off on that. I have 8 sections each of 3rd &
4th grade, a special needs class and 9 fourth grades, so I don't have
anywhere to keep thousands of beads or 25 jars of popsicle sticks--I'm
crunched on space as it is ;)
Lois G.

--
Life is short, art is long...-Hippocrates