RE: [teacherartexchange] Texture objects for clay

---------

From: Denise Pannell (Denise.Pannell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2010 - 12:45:26 PDT

The aboslute favorite of mine is the center of a roll of register receipt tape. They make a really cool radial design. You can see a photo of what I am talking about on my blog, under the clay owls:
http://mrspicassosartroom.blogspot.com/2010/04/clay-owls.html

I also save lids from markers (not Crayola) that have star-like designs on the end.

The letters used for cake decorating can be stamped in to the clay:
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Wilton-Make-any-message-Letter-Press-Set/4408893/product.html

Denise Pannell
http://mrspicassosartroom.blogspot.com/

To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: [teacherartexchange] Texture objects for clay
I am wondering everyday objects you use to add texture to clay. I have some great clay specific tools, but am sure there are some less expensive or free items I could be using as well. Any suggestions?
Thanks!