Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Texture objects for clay

From: Denise Pannell (Denise.Pannell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2010 - 12:45:26 PDT

The aboslute favorite of mine is the center of a roll of register receipt tape. They make a really cool radial design. You can see a photo of what I am talking about on my blog, under the clay owls:

I also save lids from markers (not Crayola) that have star-like designs on the end.
The letters used for cake decorating can be stamped in to the clay:

Denise Pannell

To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: [teacherartexchange] Texture objects for clay
I am wondering everyday objects you use to add texture to clay. I have some great clay specific tools, but am sure there are some less expensive or free items I could be using as well. Any suggestions?

To unsubscribe go to