Re: [teacherartexchange] Texture objects for clay

---------

From: Patz Fowle (patzfowle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2010 - 10:08:27 PDT

Clay and texture go hand-in-hand; just remember to have fun!

You could roll textured beads across clay (make a little handle for them with a large paperclip)
Wood trim has some fascinating designs
Fabric like burlap, lace etc.
Old woven or bamboo placemats
You can make your own textural designs by carving into the blunt end of a clay cylinder and letting it dry (fire them and you have them forever!)

All my best,
Patz Fowle
http://www.patzfowle.com/patzprocess.html