[teacherartexchange] Music for Pinwheel Slideshow--seeking suggestions

---------

From: Amy Broady (amybroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2010 - 09:57:50 PDT

Hello all,
Every year I try to put together a slideshow of our Pinwheels for Peace
photos. I am always seeking good music to accompany it. I know there is an
official Pinwheels for Peace song, which I have purchased and downloaded
from the website, but I like to have lots of options.
In the past I have used:
"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong;
"What a Wonderful World/Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole'(this was
a perfect sonf for my purposes! So gentle and happy...);
"Peace Train" by Cat Stephens (I know he goes by a different name now)(This
song was also perfect!);
"I have a Dream" (an Abba song from the Mama Mia soundtrack);
"You've got a friend in Me" theme from Toy Story (also found in my iPhoto
slideshow options);
the Charlie Brown theme song (also found in my iPhoto slideshow options);
a few world beat songs from various Putamayo cds....

Any other suggestions?
Hope my list us helpful to someone else...
Amy in TN