[teacherartexchange] odds and ends

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 28 2009 - 07:50:05 PDT

I just had tons of fabric sample books dropped off. I found this when I
was looking for ideas:
Mofabs:
MOFABS
 *Save your fabric, ribbon, and thread scraps.
 *Cut into pieces between 1/2 to 1 inch in size.
 *Put scraps into a medium sixe bowl. For about 2 cups of scraps, add
two
 ounces of tacky glue.
 *Spray your hands with vegetable spray.
 *Mix glue and scraps throughly. Pack mixture into mould of your
choice.
 *Put a microwave safe plate on top of mould and microwave for 60 to 90
 seconds. Remove from microwave. (will be hot)
 *Knock out of mould. Let stand to cool.
 *Decorate with glitter, buttons, lace, fabric paints or other notions.
 CAUTION: Do not use metallic material!
 **You may also use 1 1/2oz. of faultless instant microwave stiffener in
place of tacky glue.

Masks might be interesting...

Have you seen this - create your own font:
http://www.fontcapture.com/
there are several online places - but could be a great activity for a
class (even something to leave for a sub or if someone finishes early)

and how cool would this be for a class?
http://www.starwarsuncut.com/

Ellen