Re:[teacherartexchange] Art Show ideas from digest: October 26, 2009

---------

From: KulasFamily (makul9_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 28 2009 - 04:12:26 PDT

We have a very popular event which brings in a large group
- If possible ask the various schools' music educators to participate by
bringing in the school body to sing. It is a sure way to get people in the
door. Might take some convincing for your music colleagues though.
- have Make and Take art activities for the attendees (charge a fee to cover
the costs - ours are usually .50 or .75...
Good luck - it is worth the work...
Mary

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:40 AM
Subject: Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 26, 2009

hello there. my dept and i are going to meet about getting a broader
audience at our spring art show. We have a show during a spring music
concert. currently we only have the gym for a night and we put it up Friday
afternoon and open on Saturday for a couple hours. does anyone do anything
cool to draw the folks in? we have talked about bussing elementary kids in
and having older students docent the exhibit (logistics and funds are a
problem), having a visiting artist, raffels, etc.. anyone have a works and
does not work idea? our art show is district wide elem-high school and we
show in the high school gym.