Re:[teacherartexchange] paper cutter help

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 24 2009 - 07:47:10 PDT

I agree with Woody regarding the Ingento line of paper cutters. Do not buy anything but a maple or hardwood version, however, because many of these cutters are made from MDF, which does not hold up to the pressures involved in cutting quantities of paper or illustration board. I used to cut sheets of battleship linoleum with mine, with no adverse effects on the cutter. By the way, these cutters are self sharpening, so if they seem dull, usually they are just out of alignment. Buy the largest you can afford-- you can't stretch a cutter for oversized papers!:)