Re: [teacherartexchange] ideas for school wide community service

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 21 2009 - 17:54:21 PDT

The school my children both attended has a community service day. Every
student is expected to go with their group & do some sort of community
service that day. People can call the school & request help on whatever they
need. During the years my children particpated they painted senior citizen's
homes, raked leaves & cleaned up yards, painted the library, washed fire
hoses at the fire department, painted trash barrels & fire hydrants, etc.
Then when they would get home I always had to go see what they had done.

Our primary school took an old abandoned lot & turned it into a park. The
art department made stepping stones, painted trash barrels, & made wind
chimes.
~Michal