Re: [teacherartexchange] ideas for school wide community service

---------

From: watercolorwiz (watercolorwiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 21 2009 - 14:55:27 PDT

Donnalyn: my middle school principal asked me to collaborate with our fellow senior citizen center as a way of giving back. So far, we're visiting their art show; considering collaborative shows; doing an artist trading card exchange; and hopefully, paving the way for the seniors to give their expertise to our students.
This may seem facile in the face of so much need, but I believe the seed of inter-generational cooperation can go a far way.
Maggie in Tennessee