Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 20, 2009

---------

From: Lois Girbino (lgirbino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 21 2009 - 05:11:05 PDT

RE: Current Discussions

I loved Barbara's response about motivation, "How good do you want to
be". And, I wish our teaching candidates came from such great
colleges! I just wanted to clarify about helping student teachers in
their placement. In the past I've gotten folks with zero clay
experience, zero printmaking experience, zero advanced computer
program experience (i.e.beyond Word & Powerpoint), etc. Showing
someone how to load a kiln is no sweat, but teaching a student teacher
the entire clay experience from scratch is not worth the 1 credit hour
or $100 which is the standard reimbursement in our area. Technically,
these programs do align with state standards, but I guess that I have
higher ones...
Lois

--
Life is short, art is long...-Hippocrates