[teacherartexchange] photo transfer- citrasolve

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 10:49:53 PDT

This may have been posted before -
Quilting Arts (a great show on PBS - more than just quilting) was a
rerun a couple of weeks ago. They ran a segment with a demo on
photocopy transfers using citrasolv.
You can find the direction son the Quilting Arts website (you need to
sign in - lots of great projects) or the artist's blog:
http://lyrickinard.blogspot.com/2009/05/photo-transfer.html

I found citrasolv at a health food store, looks like Whole Foods might
have it to. There is an artist's gallery on the citrasolv site -
http://www.citra-solv.com/ppapc11.shtml

If you do it on fabric you can use chalk, watercolor, oil pastels or
colored pencils to add a blush of color. You can use copies of photos,
drawings or altered art -

Ellen