Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 18, 2009

---------

From: Kimberly Ans (kans_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 08:38:55 PDT

Amen to that! I have been teaching for 10 years and have taken on
three student teachers and only one understood how to behave in a
professional manner (probably due to the fact her mother was also a
teacher) My second student teacher hid the fact that he had lost the
majority of student work that he had collect in to mark and then gave
fictional marks based on projects (5 or 6 projects if memory serves)
they had never done. My final and last student teacher ever (!!!) was
an "artist" that couldn't manage a classroom, refused to listen to me
(I am younger than she) said that I was "picking" on her and then
after she quit the program spent months running around our small town
talking trash about me and spreading lies. So much so i had perfect
stranger walking up to me on the street telling me what a horrible
person I am.

 A big part of the problem is that many of the student teacher that
are coming through our local colleges teacher ed program were unable
to get into the major university programs and applied to the local
program because it was easy to get into. I will never again take on
another student teacher.

Kim