Re: [teacherartexchange] Digitally photographing line drawings

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 06:23:23 PDT

White paper is hard to photograph - I use Photoshop CS and use a
feature under Image/Adjustments
labeled as Curves - that will correct for the whites. I'm not sure if
Photoshop Elements has a similar
feature.
                                                                        Woody

On Oct 19, 2009, at 7:05 AM, Jerry Vilenski wrote:

> I have been digitally photographing artwork of all kinds for several
> years, and here is what I have learned: Your camera's white balance
> may be the culprit here, but there are workarounds that may
> accomplish the same thing.
> Whichever program you use to process digital images on your computer
> usually has a brightness, exposure and contrast control, and by
> playing with all three of these, you should be able to strike an
> acceptable balance. Some programs have an automatic enhancement
> trigger that might work.
>
> When you photograph the drawings, make sure to have even lighting,
> preferably florescent, because incandescent lights cast a yellow
> light which is harder to process out of the digital image.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

Read My September Blog:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog09/September.html