Re: [teacherartexchange] accepting student teachers into the art room...

---------

From: KulasFamily (makul9_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 17 2009 - 12:21:18 PDT

After some negative experiences with pre-service teachers, I have taken the
approach of asking the prof (for whom English is a second language) to give
the students a written handout which describes our art program and my
expectations for them as they observe. This has curbed quite a few of our
problems: such as observers helping kids by doing the kids' art projects for
the kids.... I believe that this may have helped since the directives are
directly from me and do not go through an intermediary (for
reinterpretation)...
Mary