RE: [teacherartexchange] grading elementary art

---------

From: 'Roy & Amy Broady' (amybroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 08:51:05 PDT

Hi, Jeryl! Grading...what a complicated issue. For our district, at least.

1. Required to give grades?
Yes--we are required to give both Art grades and Behavior grades in our
district.
We submit grades 4 times a year now, at the end of each 9-weeks grading
period. (In the past we had 6-week intervals, and more recently, 4.5-week
intervals, as there were interim reports in addition to 9-week report
cards.)

2. If so, What are the grades?
No simple answer...
For K, it is ESN and ESN.
or 1st & 2nd, we still use ESN for Art, but use ABCDF for Behavior.
For 3rd, 4th & 5th, we use the ABCDF scale for both Art and Behavior.

3. Required number of assessments?
No specific number of assessments is required.

4. How often see students:
Twice within a 9-Day cycle, except some classes are shared with the other
Art teacher, so each of us sees those classes once in the 9-Day cycle. K
comes for 30 minutes; the other grade levels have 45 minutes for art.

5. State
Tennessee

It's interesting to see all the responses. Good luck with everything. :-)
Amy in TN