Re: [teacherartexchange] grading elementary art

---------

From: Gayle Parent (gayleparent_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 06:14:21 PDT

1) There is no "requirement" for daily, weekly or monthly grades.

2) N/A

3) No

4) Once every three days at one school, every other day at my
smaller school. This for 1/2 of the year.

5) Arizona

Our new Fine Arts leader is looking at assessment and would like to
ramp it up. I think that parents and students would look a little
differently at the fine arts if grades were given, but I am a little
on the fence about this. I think that the kids that give it their
all should have their "A", I guess. The kids who goof off (not many)
would get their usual "D". Personally, I really have a hard time
deciding if I think a more formal grading structure should exist. I
definitely try to ignore the additional work it represents for me.

I would love to hear from someone who has experienced both!