Re: [teacherartexchange] Budget survey

---------

From: Jen (jenniferjoycewest_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 22:31:40 PDT

Thanks Ellen, I also hope to find some helpful input and answers. What I referred to as "unappetizing" from a fellow art teacher (although i hope it was just honest inquiry) is the idea that we do not require basic materials to run a decent, standards-based art program, but should instead be able to work with whatever odds, ends, and scraps happen to be thrown in our direction. I am working hard to correct this way of thinking within certain areas of my district's administration through education and advocacy and all I am saying is that there is a diiference between working with found objects for a unit or two and developming an entire year's curriculum around these types of donations because we have no other resources. I especially have this distaste concerning my experience in the district I work for where there is such glaring inequity between our schools.

best,
Jen

Sent from my iPhone