Re: [teacherartexchange] Budget survey

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 16:25:30 PDT

Hi all,
I thought I would add in my budget information.....and I have to say, even
though we've been cut back 10% like the rest of the school board, I feel
lucky compared to some of those budgets people have been sharing. I live in
Ontario, Canada, and work in a highschool. Our department budgets are based
on a set formula that doesn't change between schools in the same school
board. In the end I end up somewhere around $2000 for 6 courses of
highschool visual arts, approximately 150 students.
We are not permitted to charge a classroom/lab/studio fee. The policy of
the school board is that if it is a course requirment, then we can't charge
extra for it. I do offer a studio kit which most students buy (it contains
pencils, sharpies, brushes, etc. and a sketchbook). This is basically
recovery money as I don't make a profit off of it....however it does save me
a chunk of money from the budget as brushes costs a lot!
Best wishes for those with budget problems.....
sue