[teacherartexchange] my supply budget

---------

From: Foell, Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange (Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 05:37:44 PDT

Hi all:

I have 5 HS classes, grades 9-12, generally 130-150 students, including
advanced art and competitions (requiring matting, framing, etc).

My base budget is $800. Students pay an additional $5 each art fee
(unless they can't pay which I work out on a case by case basis). This
past year, we received an additional $500 from a show we won, $100 from
a local art group, and another $500 from various grants in the county.

I teach primarily drawing and painting, and my partner here teaches 2-d,
3-d, and pottery. Her budget is about same as mine and we split grants,
etc.

It's better money than most, but usually never enough. My principal
understands he gets what he pays for. Most don't.

Marlyn in FL.
Due to Florida's broad public records law, most written communications
to or from government employees regarding public education are public
records. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.