Re: [SPAM?] [teacherartexchange] Budget survey

---------

From: Heather Leal (hleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 17:42:43 PDT

I am in so. cal. For years I got $1000 for about 250 kids, then times
got a bit tougher and it went to $500, $300, $250. After the $1000, I
didn't really try to do ceramics, mainly drawing, painting (tempera,
some acrylic) and some 3-d like paper mache. We also learned to
recycle things- building things from cardboard, etc. We were never
allowed to ask for money from families. Really couldn't in our area.
We got the state art money one year- but many teachers didn't get
orders in quickly enough and it was yanked by the district. Never saw
any after that first year. Our technology is just as bad- it is dying
and the only real money for anything is grants.
Good old California- at least it is sunny most days.
Heather