Re: [teacherartexchange] Budget survey

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 14:25:20 PDT

we get about $10 per student and then will fund raise for about $3000 more to run our programs. We don't take lab fees from foundations and drawing and painting classes, but do charge pottery, jewelry, sculpture and photo which and super expensive to run and the kids take home the materials in their finished pieces.

>>> jjennifer west <jenniferjoycewest@yahoo.com> 10/8/2009 12:34 PM >>>
thank you for your advice, but I actually DO need numbers because I'm being asked for "what I need" and I've never been in this situation before. I am also in a large district with two other middle schools and there are some equity concerns. I have also been told that I CANNOT solicit money from families because we are mostly a title one school and in a public school district. The promises were also made last year, and it was not that long ago. This is unfortunately a case of bad/or lack of planning despite warnings and an obvious lack of knowledge concerning what is required to run a basic art program. Thanks for your thoughts.