Re: [SPAM?] [teacherartexchange] Budget survey

---------

From: Kramer, Bunki [LC] (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 12:52:07 PDT

Wow! Wouldn't I love to have your $300!!!! I'm in CA...northern end near San
Francisco East Bay (Danville specifically) and we get nuttin' from our
district nor the State. Our programs are run solely by parent "donations".
We ask for $25 per semester (in middle school). Some mid. schools ask for
more. This is done for EACH elective be it in technology, video productions,
etc. I'd say about 3/4 of the parents donate. I feel like I'm asked to get
down on my knees and beg for my department. I dislike this VERY much. It's
even more difficult to collect with everyone hurting in the pockets.

In CA we were promised by the governor and the state that we would be
receiving a special grant for the arts each year. This year and last our
"grant" monies were used illegally to pay teacher salaries in our district.
What can you say? I don't count on govt. money until it's in my hot little
hands.

It surprises me when I hear teachers talking about getting money from their
districts/state when we haven't gotten any for several years now and have
learned to live with it. Toodles......Bunki

..... While my principal "talks the talk" about