Re: [teacherartexchange] Budget survey

---------

From: jjennifer west (jenniferjoycewest_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 12:34:55 PDT

thank you for your advice, but I actually DO need numbers because I'm being asked for "what I need" and I've never been in this situation before. I am also in a large district with two other middle schools and there are some equity concerns. I have also been told that I CANNOT solicit money from families because we are mostly a title one school and in a public school district. The promises were also made last year, and it was not that long ago. This is unfortunately a case of bad/or lack of planning despite warnings and an obvious lack of knowledge concerning what is required to run a basic art program. Thanks for your thoughts.