RE:[teacherartexchange] Art 1 course

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 05 2009 - 13:37:10 PDT

A awhile ago I told the group that I was going to have the entire Art 1 year course available through a website. Well it is ready to go. The address is www.artteacherplans.com and you can go there and check it out.

If you don't know me I have been with this list serve for many years. I was on the artsednet. almost from inception and I also am in the A.P. group. My friend Bob Capitolo and I have each taught 37 years of high school Art and are now retired. I have given many lessons away for free but my wife said that we should write this down and sell it! Bob and I wrote a book "Drawing Course 101" but we didn't want to go through the book thing again with editors and rules, we just wanted to do something for teachers.

The course is laid out in sequential quarters, building on past work to allow the student to progress through the year. It covers the elements and principles for composition, different drawing techniques, color theory, painting techniques and projects that use all of these concepts. There are complete and extensive lesson plans with hints and tips for the teacher, Power Point presentations of all the projects done by ourselves to either use in the classroom or for the teacher to see how they are done as well as tests for the three color charts and for elements and principles of art.

If you go to the website, you can see examples of the lesson plans and Power Point presentations and some of the projects. We are using a download system that brings this course right to your computer quickly and easily, just follow the instructions. We are accepting Pay Pal as method of payment. We feel the downloads are affordably priced. Each quarter is $29.99, a half year is $56.98, and the whole year is only $99.96.

This is a good deal for beginning art teachers who want to develop a program as well as seasoned teachers that may want to add to their existing program. I want to thank all of you who have e-mailed me wanting to know about this, now it is ready!

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA www.artteacherplans.com