Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 28, 2009

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 16:20:58 PDT

On Oct 2, 2009, at 1:52 PM, Daniel Murren wrote:

> Here is the link to the Wayne Thiebaud YouTube video. It is really
> wonderful! Take a look.
> or type in YouTube Wayne
> Thiebaud-CBS Sunday Morning.

The Thiebaud video from CBS Sunday Morning is a wonderful resourse.
For many, many years I taped the art segments each Sunday, keeping them
in my art class to use as motivation for my students when a segment fit
a lesson I was teaching. Once, I wrote CBS asking permission to use
these art sections in my lesson with students. I got a phone call from
New York
telling me that CBS would charge $200 for each section used. I explained
that I knew art teachers where that was their whole years budget - so
I said
No Thank You. I just continued to steal more art segments for my
Now - the sections are on the internet for free - what a strange world.
Whatever it is - Don't ask permission - just do it first and beg
forgiveness afterwards.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

Read My September Blog:

Read My October Blog: