Re: [teacherartexchange] Following Directions

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 04:32:58 PDT

Assess them on how much they enjoyed the process of creating a self-
portrait,
assess them on how much passion and effort they put into the the
portrait,
and assess them on having a finished portrait for display in the
hallway for
the whole world to see.
                                                Woody
Here's my 10 year old grandson creating a self-portrait:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog09/TimAsPicasso.jpg
Here's his portrait "a'la Picasso" ready for display:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog09/Tim%27sCubistPortrait.jpg

On Oct 2, 2009, at 3:51 AM, Roshanda Burtscher wrote:

> Hello everyone and happy Friday!
>
> I am having trouble with a group of classes that just don't follow
> directions. The classes are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade. I want to
> come up with a project that I can grade them on how well they
> followed the directions, but so far I have come up with nothing. I
> am familiar with the one where you give them verbal instructions and
> they each come up with a different design (I think from the book
> Drawing with Children), but I want something I can assess them on as
> well.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Roshanda Burtscher