[teacherartexchange] aides in the Art Classroom

---------

From: Leslie Gates (lgates_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2008 - 04:44:02 PDT

Dear folks concerned about the role of an aide in the classroom,

I know of two relevant articles that have been published in Studies in
Art Education, one of the NAEA publications.

"Paraprofessionals: Gatekeepers of Authentic Art Production" was
published in April 2008.

An older Oct 2003 article is titled, "Paraeducators in art classrooms:
Issues of culture, leadership, and special needs."

Consider subscribing to Studies if you don't already!

Leslie Gates
2219 Benjamin Building
University of Maryland College Park
College Park, MD 20742