[teacherartexchange] A couple of things...

---------

From: Tina Vercelli (tvercelli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2008 - 07:21:16 PDT

A couple of things...

1. The National Endowment for the Humanities recently extended the deadline
(to November 14) for the second round of Picturing America applications.
This initiative promotes the study, teaching, and understanding of U.S.
history and culture by introducing students and the general public to
America's art treasures. It supplies schools and public libraries with free,
high-quality reproductions of 40 great American works of art (approximately
24" x 36" in size) and an illustrated teacher resource book with notes for
all grade levels. The materials will be delivered in spring 2009. For more
information, please go to <http://picturingamerica.neh.gov/

2. Art paste- I agree with the use of the clear, wood cellulose wallpaper
paste. I use it for paper mache, and paste paper and all you have to do is
store it in an air tight container...it doesn't mold, spoil or even have an
odor to it! I mix it with a hand mixer in whatever storage tub I'm using.